French Revolution C block
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storming the Bastille

2 posters

Go down

Storming the Bastille Empty Storming the Bastille

Post  EmilyHarrington56 Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:38 pm

It was July 14th 1789. Me and the rest of the third estate have had enough of us paying the taxes for the two other estates. We made a plan to Storm the Bastille and revolt. The Bastille was a prison at the time holding only a few prisoners. For weapons we used rifles and a few cannons. I was armed with a rifle along with most of the third estate. We had a total of 3000 rifles. We hoped we would find more arms or steal it from the guards when we entered the Bastille. We set off the the Bastille hoping everything will go as planned. The funny thing was that when we got there the defenders of the Bastille started fight along with us. The fighting eventually ended and all the men at the bastille were taken to town hall to be murdered. This left a great victory for us.

EmilyHarrington56

Back to top Go down

Storming the Bastille Empty good job!

Post  Kathleen Julius Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Even though I am a noble woman I am indeed happy that the third estate has had a victory. All of you have earned it, my prayers with you. God bless.

Kathleen Julius

Back to top Go down